Sunday, September 21, 2014

Tilly Hat!!

This post is purely to promote the Tilly Hat.

When I was younger skin health was always something that we took caution with in my family, but it really wasn’t until recent years (and after a few nasty burns) that I jumped head first into the waters of protecting yourself.

I cannot credit this shift all to my own personal revelation, but there is a great wise man that is an expert on all things skin protective. I affectionately call him “Grandpa”.

Now that the Acting Surgeon General Boris Lushniak has declared skin cancer a public health problem, I felt that it was important to take a moment to promote the use of sunscreen and protective clothing!

Columbia outdoors wear has a great selection of shirts (again, thanks Grandpa!), but beyond a shirt a hat is arguably one of the most important things you can do to protect yourself from the incredibly harmful rays of the sun.

Before my trip to Nairobi, which is a high elevation area and sits almost on the equator, I knew I would need a new hat. I discovered the Tilly Hat.

I can recommend a Tilly Hat to everyone! If you spend any amount of time outdoors and in the sun (gardening, lawn mowing, hiking, sailing, etc.) the Tilly hat is amazing. The features it has are great, and it’s incredibly durable.

I had the first opportunity to wear my hat this past Saturday on our nature hike and it worked perfectly. It not only kept the sun off of my face, but out of my eyes so I could capture some amazing photos of the scenery around us.

Sometimes, people will laugh a little because of the hat you’re wearing but to me the benefit is incredible. Not only will you prevent painful sunburns, but you also prevent a much serious issue: skin cancer. How “cool” you look is a small price to pay to keep you alive and healthy for years to come.

Personally, I think Tilly Hat’s look really cool and a small investment can help you live a much healthier life.

1 comment: